Updates to eligibility requirements have been made to the Eviction CHAP program. Households in need of this rent assistance may complete an application at any time. Click on “My Application” on this page and login to your CHAP portal account or create an account if you do not have one. You will be asked screening questions and will be required to upload your eviction notice among other documents. You will also be asked to provide a court case number. You may leave this field blank as it is not required to complete your application. Once complete, your application and documents will be placed in a queue and assigned to a case worker. One application per portal account is accepted. Creating multiple accounts to submit multiple applications causes error messages and delays in processing applications. For more information, contact Clark County Social Service at (702) 455-4270.

Clark County CARES Housing Assistance Program

What is CHAP?

The CARES Housing Assistance Program (CHAP) assisted residents of Clark County who suffered substantial financial hardship and lacked sufficient income or resources to pay their rental housing costs and utilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Important information about COVID-19 Impact CHAP

COVID-19 Impact CHAP applications are no longer being accepted as of January 23, 2023 because state and federal funding that Clark County received for the program has been phased out.

Applications submitted with uploaded documents prior to January 23, 2023 will be processed under the previous COVID-19 Impact CHAP eligibility requirements in the order received.

New programs to assist with Eviction

New CHAP eligibility requirements have been established to aid those facing eviction due to non-payment of rent. Only applications for households that meet the new eligibility criteria are being accepted as of January 23, 2023.

If you have received an eviction notice, you may apply for assistance here. You will be required to answer a few screening questions to see if you will qualify for one of the new eviction assistance programs, including:

  • Is at least one member of your household living on a fixed income (e.g., Social Security, VA benefits, or pensions)?
  • Has your rent increased within the 12-month period prior to the date of your application?
  • Have you received an eviction notice for non-payment of rent?
  • Have you filed an Answer to the eviction notice in the justice court that served the notice?
START HERE to determine if you are eligible for CHAP Assistance:
Required Documentation:

Video Tutorial - How to Upload Documents

The following documents are required to complete your application. Please have them ready:

For Rental Assistance:

  • NV government-issued identification
  • Rental lease agreement
  • Eviction notice served

For Utility Assistance:

  • Copy of current utility bill in the name of the applicant or another household member listed on the lease

Additional documentation may be required dependent on the answers provided to screening questions in the application.

  • CHAP Application Status

To check the status of an already submitted application, click on the link below:

My Application
  • CHAP Application Status

To visit the portal and upload documents, click on the link below:

Visit Portal
  • Other Services
  • Notice to the Public

As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to impact our community, we are providing assistance and services to citizens in need during this uncertain time by practicing social distancing methods for the safety and well-being of our clients and workers.

More Info